I got a note from Dan today to inform us of a few new requirements for the 13(a) Permanent Resident Visa in the Philippines.
Here is what Dan had to say:
Looks like they have changed the requirements again:
Checklist of Requirements for Amendment of Probationary Non-Quota Immigrant Visa to Permanent Resident Visa Under Section 13(a)
- Letter of application by the Filipino spouse, with a statement that all documents submitted were legally obtained from the corresponding government agencies;
- Consolidated General Application Form duly accomplished and notarized (BI Form No. RADJR-2012-01);
- Photocopy of ACR I-CARD (front and back portion) of applicant;
- Official receipt for Annual Report Fee of applicant;
- Photocopy of the previous BOC Order granting Temporary Resident’s Visa or Photocopy of passport page showing the Implementation of the Temporary Resident’s Visa;
- Original copy of NSO issued Birth Certificate of Filipino spouse;
- Original copy of NSO issued Marriage Contract of applicant and Filipino spouse or if the marriage was solemnized abroad, the original copy of the Marriage Contarct authenticated by the Philippine Embassy / Consulate in or nearest the place where the marriage was solemnized, with English translation if written in other foreign language;
- Divorce Decree / Annulment Order / Death Certificate, if applicable;
- Original copy of NSO issued Birth Certificate of child(ren);
- Original copy of Bureau of Immigration (BI) Clerance Certificate;
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport showing its bio-page, admission and authorized stay;
- Joint Affidavit (applicant and petitioner) stating therein the authenticity and genuineness of all documents submitted in support of the petition;
- Photocopy of Identification document of Filipino spouse like valid passport, company ID, SSS / GSIS ID, PRC ID, Driver’s Lisence, Tin or Voter’s ID/Registration; and
- Such other documents that may be required of the petitioner and applicant to submit in support of their application.
Hard to know for sure if these are new requirements, as each BI office has the leeway to issue extra requirements, over and beyond what the rules call for. But, it is good to know what you experienced in your recent application. Thank you very much for sharing this with us.